Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Miller's Bar - 23700 Michigan Ave Dearborn MI 48124 - (313) 565-2577

General thoughts - This was another one of GQ's Top 20 Burger to Try Before You Die - #8. I love that Michigan has 2 Top 20 Burgers and I live less than 5 minutes from this one. We go there about once a month (or more if we have the craving or if we have out of town guests that have never been there). The 2 things we love most about Miller's are 1. the very simple menu, and 2. your bill is based on the honor system. When you're done, you walk up to the bartender and tell him what you had and he's able to tell you exactly what you owe without a second thought.

Foods tasted - Single cheeseburger, French Fries, Onion Rings

Thoughts -

1. (Single) Cheeseburger - I love that it's served very simply and deliciously. It consists of bun, cheese, about 1/3 lb. of pure delicious meat, and bun served in wax paper. Ordering it medium rare will give you a very juicy and almost rare burger where some of the juice from the burger soaks into the bun. You can add your own ketchup, mustard, raw onions, pickles, but it just seems wrong for me to ruin a perfectly good burger so I always have it plain. Love it.

2. French fries - Being the potato snob that I am, I believe Miller's has its method of making fries down to a science and is perfect every time. I got a feeling they have been blanched before frying, and that's why it's so deliciously crunchy outside and very fluffy inside.

3. Onion rings - Since I love potatoes, I'm obviously more partial towards the fries. Don't get me wrong, these onion rings are great. I'm guessing the coating is something closer to panko bread crumbs rather than standard bread crumbs. I was taught that in order to be able to bit through an onion ring (instead of biting on it and drag out the whole piece of onion) you have to let it cool for several minutes. Seems to work.

Final thoughts - Is it very yummy in my tummy? Oh yes. Will I go back? How about next week? I love that their menu on the website looks like this - 


They have since updated their menu to include a grilled chicken sandwich, grilled cheese and if I remember correctly even a fish sandwich for those that are not into red meat. Writing this is making me crave a Miller's Burger right now. You don't go there to eat healthy, you go there to satisfy an nearly insatiable craving. If you're trying to watch your weight, I would suggest you put yourself on a water only diet for a week if you do go get a Miller's burger. It's soooo worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment