Thursday, June 24, 2010

Adrianna Restaurant - 9477 Harding Avenue, Surfside - (305) 867-1220

General thoughts - I have never been to a Peruvian restaurant before. I noticed a lot of dishes have some Chinese and Mexican and Indian influences based on the flavors. Here is their menu. But the most well known (and must try) menu items are the Ceviches (on the menu it's spelled Cebiches) and the Lomo Saltado. It was great that we got to sit outside and I was happy with the service. They even gave us a shot of some traditional Peruvian drink on the house when we told them we were there for a bachelorette party. Pretty cool.

Foods tasted - Shrimp Cebiche, Lomo Saltado Risotto, Peruvian Style Seafood Rice

Thoughts -

1. Shrimp Cebiche - For those not familiar with Cebiche/Ceviche, it's basically raw food "cooked" by just the acidity of (most often) lime juice. The shrimps do turn out pink as if they had hit a pan when they really haven't so it's served cold. It's usually done with thin slices of seafood such as fish. I really did enjoy it because the dish is so simple, No frills, no bells and whistles, just shrimp and lime juice. Accompanied by some red cabbage slaw (or was it shredded red onion - I forgot) and 2 big leaves of heart of Romaine. Not only was it delicious, it was beautiful to look at.

2. Lomo Saltado Risotto - I couldn't help by try it even though there were many menu items I wanted to taste, I want to try the signature Peruvian dish in case I never get to go back again. I thought it was interesting that they were able to incorporate some Italian style cooking into this dish. The dish was really creamy as I expected, the beef was tender, my only complaint was that it was really salty. I don't know if it was because the chef got a little salt-happy that day or was the sauce that salty in general. Unfortunately, I must say that the saltiness of the sauce did robbed me of this overall enjoyable experience with this dish.

3. Peruvian Style Seafood Rice - Honestly, I think this was just a variation of the Lomo Saltado but with rice instead. The sauce was also very similar to the one I had so it was also quite salty but it wasn't as bad. One good thing was that they were very generous with their seafood which is never a bad thing.

Final thoughts - Was it Very Yummy In My Tummy? Some dishes more than others, so I guess that's an eh. Would I go back? If I can find another Peruvian restaurant to go to, then probably not. The dishes were about $20 & up, so as far as prices, it's not bad considering the sophisticated ambianace of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment