Thursday, July 1, 2010

Superior Pho (AKA Pho Hoa) - 3030 Superior Ave Ste E Cleveland, OH 44114 (216) 781-7462

General thoughts - I've been here, oh, about 50 times? Even though I don't live anywhere near Cleveland these days, I make every effort to go there whenever I'm  back. There's something about finding an awesome place that's off the beaten path - in fact, just a spot inside a building - that makes it extra special. If you're looking for an ornate restaurant, this is not it. But if you're truly looking for "superior" Pho, this is perfect. Sorry, no menu online. It's pretty cool that they have meals you can choose from for those who want to try different things or just simply indecisive. Some include rice dishes and some noodles dishes.

Foods tasted - #1 Meal - small bowl of Pho of choice, 2 spring rolls, and a can of pop (I don't think you'll need a review on a can of Coke) - all of this for less than $9.

Thoughts -

1. Pho - As you'll see on every review for Vietnamese restaurant, I always order the Pho that has all the different meats in it because I like variety. The broth is very flavorful and is comparable to the one at Pho Hang in Madison Hts, MI and far superior to #1 Pho, which is down the street from Superior Pho. The meats are fresh and the noodles are done just right. Sometimes the Pho noodles are overcooked and that kind of ruins the Pho experience. It's no different than overcooking pasta, it's just kind of gross.

2. Spring Rolls - I love Spring Rolls. Certainly not the healthiest of foods around but OMG it's good. They were clearly made after I placed the order as the skin is super crunchy, and although some may not like it, there's a sheen of glistening oil. It does come with that tangy sauce for dipping.

Final thoughts - Is it Very Yummy In  My Tummy? For sure. Will I go back for the 51st time? I plan on it. My descriptions above is reason I always order the same thing. It's because that meal is perfect for me. It's making me drool just writing this. Why does Madison Hts have to be so far away? I need to get a Pho fix soon. I was just thinking that I have to be thankful for my pretty decent metabolism or else with the way I eat and how much I love eating I should be about 700 lbs. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment