Monday, August 16, 2010

Talley's Log Cabin Bar - 2981 County Rd 612, Lewiston, MI, 49756 - (989) 786-2011

General thoughts - Owned by my friend's aunt and uncle, Talley's is the place to be if you're near the Atlanta/Lewiston, MI area. It's busy all year around. People come to the bar by car or by snowmobile. Its cozy atmosphere makes you feel right at home. It's too bad this wasn't on the GQ's top 20 burgers to try before you die, what do they know anyways? Their burgers are damn good and I will gladly place this as one of the top 3 burgers in the state.

Foods tasted - Chili, Talley burger with cheese (medium rare), seasoned potato wedges with ranch dressing

Thoughts -

1. Chili - That chili was excellent. It was exactly what I needed to warm up from tubing down a river during heavy downpour. The spiciness was just right. It wasn't too mild but not offensively spicy. I usually don't like chili that has beans in it but this one is pretty dang good. It's nice and thick, and has a good amount of meat in each cup. I can easily eat bowls of this with bread. Yum.

2. Talley burger with cheese (medium rare) - Like I said, this is on my top 3 (I can't specify which of the top 3 a Talley burger places though). The meat was fresh, and the burger definitely juicy. The melted American cheese makes it twice as good. It's really hard to describe why a burger is superior over another, but you just know it when you bite into a quality burger.

3. Seasoned potato wedges with ranch dressing - If you must compare them to something more relateable, I guess they would be similar to the potato wedges you'd get at Buffalo Wild Wings. These wedges are definitely a good alternative to fries. They are always fresh off the fryer, and the ranch dressing makes them that much better. Talley's is never skimpy with the portions either, which is great for a potato lover like me.

Final thoughts - Was it Very Yummy In My Tummy? Yes. Would I go back again? The next time I go up north. If Talley's wasn't so far away I'd probably go there more often. I think Talley's need to open a second restaurant closer to southeast Michigan. Amber?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Vic, there won't ever be a Talley's II. Check out my review on www.yelp.com where I cover a few of the things you did too: http://www.yelp.com/biz/talleys-log-cabin-lewiston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to give them a try this year. I hear they have wifi which I need sometimes up there. Friends who live up there recommend the place. Also said good burgers.

    ReplyDelete