Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bistro 10 - 3118 Fairlane Drive Allen Park, MI 48101 - (313) 336-0303

Sorry, can't find a picture and it's so new they don't have a website yet. Anyways...

General thoughts - Bistro 10 has been around for less than a year. It is located in Fairlane Green shopping center on top of the hill. The inside definitely has a Mediterranean/Italian feel. This is probably a better spot for lunch than it is for dinner if you're speaking on the ambiance only. They have a pretty comprehensive menu with a few items that are definitely unique. The prices are not bad at all and the portions are huge. For $7.50, you can get a big sandwich, salad, rice or potatoes. I like that they serve lunch portions of pastas as well because then they can't be blamed on food induced comas suffered by the diners. The only bummer was that they don't have an alcohol license yet so you can't get a glass of wine with lunch/dinner even if you wanted to.

Foods tasted - Chicken lemon rice soup, House salad, Shrimp burger, Roasted potatoes, Fettucine Alfredo with chicken.

Thoughts -

1. Chicken lemon rice soup - It's a thinner soup but it has a lot of chicken, carrots and celery. It is very lemony which for some is a bad thing but I was a fan. It was served with a slice of crouton on top. It was a comforting soup. I would order it instead of the standard chicken noodle if I was sick.

2. House salad - They use a mixed veggies type salad and it came with the house dressing which is a creamy Italian. It was very good.

3. Shrimp burger - Very interesting. It is served on a pita that was cut in half with tomatoes and roasted red peppers as toppings (I forgot if there was cheese or not). It's served hot which I like. As much as I'm not a big fan of sliced raw tomatoes, it does add to the taste of the sandwich so I made an exception and took a bite with a chunk of tomato in it. Great burger, we were told it's one of the bestsellers. That came with the salad and potatoes.

4. Roasted potatoes - These are roasted potato wedges cooked in/coated in olive oil and rosemary. It was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I bet they blanched the potatoes first before pan frying them. As a potato lover, I give that a thumbs up.

5. Fettucine alfredo with chicken - It was very rich and full of herbs. The pasta was cooked just right and it seems the chicken breasts have been pounded out first so they were thinner and more tender pieces. A lot of places just cook up chicken breasts then slice them and throw them on top on the pasta, I like that they took the extra time to pound them out. It could use a little salt though but that was an easy fix.

Final thoughts - Very Yummy In My Tummy? Yes. I went home and assumed the horizontal position on the couch and in front of the TV right away and in true food coma fashion, I fell asleep. Will I go back? Definitely. The Tiramisu that the table near us ordered looked delicious. However, I'm always too full for dessert. This is a great work lunch spot for sure. Once they get their liquor license, I'm sure more people will come for dinner. Their menu, like I said, is pretty comprehensive. I'll definitely try something else the next time I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment