Sunday, April 25, 2010

Very Yummy In My Tummy pilot post

So here it is, the birth of Very Yummy In My Tummy. The whole idea is that I generally dislike the restaurant reviews that are out there because they are written by "professional" food critics where they talk about the different notes of flavors and other snotty crap like that. They judge with their tongues, which is great, for them. Anyone that knows me knows I'm one to tell it like it is as you had just witnessed. I on the other hand judge with my tummy. I'll judge any non-chain restaurants, in metro Detroit and beyond. Since I just started it, I'll have to back-pedal a little a give you thoughts on restaurants I visited in Miami (South Beach), Florida as well.

So here are some questions I'll answer in my reviews - Was my meal Very Yummy In My Tummy? What's the general feel of the setting and atmosphere? Would I go there again if I could? Is it worth the hype? I will say that potatoes and pasta (in any form), are 2 of my favorite foods ever so I'll probably be judging those a lot more critically then other foods. Those may be 2 of the cheapest peasant foods ever, but for me the biggest difference between a restaurant and an excellent restaurant is the care they put into making the most common foods (and often side dishes) as good or better than the "Feature Items" on the menus. I would love to get your feedback. If you happen to have gone to one of the spots I went to and want to add to my post, by all means.

No comments:

Post a Comment